expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 20 September 2015

Arsenal Always Moan When I Beat Them: Jose Mourinho

Chelsea v Arsenal - Premier League 
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes there was "no controversy" during his side's win over Arsenal on Saturday, and insisted ​his side deserved the three points.




The Blues won 2-0, but Diego Costa appeared lucky to stay on the pitch after hitting Gunners' defender Laurent Koscielny in the face. The fallout led to Gabriel Paulista getting himself sent off after he reacted to Costa, and Arsene Wenger called for Costa to be retrospectively banned following the game.


Mourinho though, was predictably far happier, and told ​BT Sport that he was expecting Arsenal to moan about the defeat too - as that's what they usually do: "I don't have a view on the sending off. Man of the match for sure was Diego Costa. He brought everything to the game.

"I don't know where the controversy was. For me there was no controversy.

"The game is about many aspects and through those combination of factors you have best team. Normally the best team wins and we were best. We were dominant, in control and, let's not be hypocrites, to play with one more is easier but for me we were very comfortable in the first half.

"I think I have played against Arsenal 15 maybe 16 times and only once did they not moan. I don't know why - maybe because they won that one. In all other matches they have reason for that.

"I played first the first derby in September 2000 and I remember my words: 'To win a derby needs emotional control'. I have played derbies in Spain, Italy, England and I always repeat the same words - 'to win derbies takes emotional control'."

Captain for the day Branislav Ivanovic added: "It was very tough and very important especially because we needed a big win and a big performance. We played as a team and showed how important a game it was for us. That's what we wanted to do and we are all happy.

"It was a very tough game and we came with 100 per cent to give everything. We dominated the game psychologically. The referee made the right decision."

No comments:

Post a Comment